Business Communication - 3 days
Audience: for the 3 to 7 years experienced team members.
- Understand the core concepts, nature and scope of Business communications.
- Facilitation effective oral and written business communication.
- Provide insight about the Group Communication.
- Familiarisation with the diverse aspects of business communication.
Business communication Overview
- Communication Basics, Characteristic, importance and process of communication.
- Functions of communication.
- Communication networks.
- Tips on effective communication.
- Effective management of communication.
- Strategies of improving organisational communication.
- Structuring conversation – usage of right words in right orders.
- Effective use of words, articulation of thoughts.
- Good Conversation- getting your message across.
- Conversation management.
- Important signals.
- Preventive strategies to manage stressful conversation.
- Communication and planning exercise.
- Story telling exercise with QA sessions and analysis and feedback.
- Understanding values emerging out of the stories.
- Pronouncing and learning new and difficult words.
- Usage of these words in general conversation.
- Initiating a chat and every one participating in it.
- How to interact with team.
- Conversations with colleagues.
Power of listening
- Benefits of listening.
- Difference between hearing and listening.
- Types of Listening.
- Poor listening habits.
- Effective listening.
- Be aware of barriers of effective listening.
- Active and passive listening.
Rules for effective presentation and Public speaking
- Strategies of effective presentation.
- Structuring, Outlining and patterns.
- Introduction, main body and closure of presentation.
- Guide lines - Visuals, charts, data.
- Creativity and usage of Tools /techniques.
- Use and benefits of team presentation.
- Delivery and structuring .
- How to overcome stage fright.
Conducting a meeting
Technology enabled communication:
Telephonic, web conferencing
Usage of emails, instant messaging
- Principles- Strategies, Components, opening & closer.
- E-mail etiquettes.
- Letters, Notices, Circulars.
- Clarity, discipline and consistency in business reports.
- Practice areas – Reputation, employee, community, media
- Cross cultural communication strategies,
Ethics in business communication
- Code , perspectives, sensitivity towards cultural differences, protocols
Elements of effective communication.
Elements of effective communication
- Grammar, Syntax effective paragraphs, Punctuation and capitalisation.