English - Communication Module
Enable individuals to be proficient and rounded in English communication (Verbal and Written).
Engineering Graduates/ MBAs/ Graduates/Post Graduates, Entry level new recruits.
2 Months (24 hrs)
Be an effective communicator
- Structuring conversation - usage of right words in right orders.
- Effective use of words, articulation of thoughts
- Good Conversation- getting your message across
- Conversation management
- Important signals
- Preventive strategies to manage stressful conversation
- Communication and planning exercise.
- Story telling exercise with QA sessions and analysis and feedback.
- Understanding values emerging out of the stories.
- Pronouncing and learning new and difficult words.
- Usage of these words in general conversation.
- Initiating a chat and every one participating in it.
- How to interact with team.
- Conversations with colleagues.
Getting it right in communication
Preparation for speaking in English effortlessly
- Meaning, pronunciation, usage of words which sound similar
Tenses - making right sentences
- Collective nouns
- Usage of Verbs
- Voice and accent drills
- Pronunciation - vowels, consonants
- Tongue twisters
Spot the errors sessions Talk right sessions
Non Verbal Communication
Significance of Non Verbal Communication
- Forms and Types of Nonverbal communication
- Facial Expressions
- Postures- Types
- Gestures- Types
- Voice, Pitch, Volume, Articulation, Rhythm, Tempo and spacing
- Effective use of Non Verbal Communication
If you are not listening you are not communicating.
Power of listening
- Benefits of listening
- Difference between hearing and listening
- Types of Listening
- Poor listening habits
- Effective listening
- Be aware of barriers of effective listening
- Active and passive listening
Presentation and public speaking
Rules for effective presentation
- Strategies of effective presentation.
- Structuring, Outlining and patterns
- Introduction, main body and closure of presentation
- Guide lines - Visuals, charts, data
- Creativity and usage of Tools /techniques
- Delivery and structuring
- How to overcome stage fright
- Principles- Strategies,
- opening & closure
- E-mail etiquette's
- Letters, Notices, Circulars
- Clarity, discipline and consistency.