Cloud Computing Course Outline
Prepare students to understand the dynamics of Cloud computing who can efficiently understand and implement current cloud computing techniques.
Basic knowledge of computer networking.
Day to day operations for a cloud computing expert.
Any IT professionals, BE,B.Tech, MCA, BCA or
equivalent student who want to build Cloud computing skills.
1. Introduction -
- What is Cloud Computing?
is cloud computing more than simple networking?
- Examples of Simple networking and its
2. Service Models in Cloud Computing -
- SaaS - using applications residing on cloud. Eg. - email ,Salesforce, online
- Software Control Stack
- SaaS Benefits and
- SaaS Application Sustainability
- Recommendations for Implementing
- Case Study for SaaS
- PaaS - Consumer deploys
consumer developed/acquired applications. Eg. Google Apps engine
- PaaS Software Control Stack
- PaaS Benefits and
- PaaS Application Suitability and Recommendations
- Case Study for
- IaaS - Consumer is able to access processing,storage,network and
other fundamental computing resources. Eg- Amazon Web Services- Users can rent virtual servers on which they run their own
- Abstract interaction Dynamics
- IaaS Software Control
- IaaS Operational view
- IaaS benefits , Issues and
- Recommendations for implementing IaaS
- Private - Only for a single org with multiple users. Managed by the
organization or a third party and may exist on or off premise. Two variants:Onsite or
- Community - Infra is provisioned for a specific community from a specific from orgs that
have shared concerns such as common missions/security. Can be managed by one or more community members or third party and
can exist on or off premise. Two variants:Onsite or outsourced.
- Public - Infra is provisioned to be of
open use for general public. May be owned and managed by a academic,business or government
- Hybrid -
Composition is a mixture of two or more distinct cloud infrastructures which remain unique entities but are bound together
by standardized or proprietary technology. It is subjected to all the constraints of its building
4. Cloud Security
- Data Security and Storage
- Identity and Access Management (IAM)
5.Key Drivers of Cloud
- Preparing for installation
- Optimizing costs and
- Monitoring cloud based services
- Cloud Computing data
6. Cloud Computing Vendors
- Amazon Web
- Microsoft Azure
- Google Cloud Services
Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Services
- Re-architecting apps for Cloud
- Cloud Based DR
- Cloud Migration Decision
8. Case Studies - 3 Cases , one from BFSI, Digital Marketing & Automotive